Tuesday, January 12, 2010

so i scheduled a hair cut and this is what came out...

to my dear friend:

...so...i grew a ponytail for my surgeries...the week before i went back to work i got my surgery ponytail cut off...well i haven't had it cut since...and today, after kicking ass at my first appointment working for myself...i scheduled a hair cut...it's in half an hour...i'm kinda freaking out a bit...it's like i'm getting back to normal...like taking care of things like my hair that i just haven't since the surgeries...why am i freaking about about normal...i guess i didn't realize that it has been soooo about the mastectomies for soooo long...is that over? isn't it with us always? is it typical to take a year before this realization? is to typical to think like this? is it really over? will life ever be normal again? is life normal now? and if so, why hasn't it been for so long...why did it take so long...why didn't i do it better, faster...will this recovery process whop me in the head again? and what do i do with this?

...btw...how are you?

xoxox
d

No comments: