Thursday, March 12, 2009

wednesday's apt...

...so yesterday i went to see my breast surgeon for the first time since my surgeries...and something striking happened....when my mom asked me if i wanted her to go with me, i thought about it for a sec, and responded, "nah, it's not like she's going to find anything..." HOLY SHIT IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S GOING TO FIND ANYTHING...i couldn't believe it...i mean i was still a bit nervous, but wow, such a new perspective....

...so i went, alone, and she said everything was great, that in a few months they'll help with the scars a bit more (i have two gnarly scars on my left breast where they burnt me during surgery (if you're on brca umbrella and have seen my pics you know what i'm talking about) and i'm very self conscious of them)...but she said in a few months she'll take care of them...so i'm really happy about that :) overall, great check-up....but the aftermath was a bit tough...every time i face the word mastectomy i cringe a little...still totally freaks me out...and every time that i have to stop and appreciate the awesomeness of what i went thru, well it's always tough...but good...but good...thanks so much for your continued support :)

No comments: