Wednesday, December 24, 2008

and then there was one...

...drain left!!! #5 gone!!! #6 to come out next week...then none!!! i'm so excited!!! the abdominal drains definitely hurt more coming out than the armpit drains...but i don't care...it's over! and only one more to go!!!

...my mom and i went this morning, her pushing me through the hospital in the wheelchair, me trying not to freak out at the prospect of having something plucked from inside of my body...i think we both did our jobs well...

...this road i'm on now is so much different than that which lead up to the surgeries...this is a road to recovery, health, peace, happiness...that was one of fear, unknown, uncertainty...not in my decision, but in the happenings...what was going to happen, was i going to wake up, how was i going to live? but i overcame all of that...it happened, i woke up (I WOKE UP!!!), and i am just living...this journey is new, fresh, and so much freer...painful...but freeing...i love this journey!!!

No comments: