Friday, December 26, 2008

two weels...

...ago i was in the prep area, waiting with my family for them to wheel me away...and today i am laying on the couch, toying with the notion of not taking my pain meds today to see how it goes...not that i'm trying to be a hero, but i just don't think i'm in that much pain...i can't understand why, but i just feel pretty good...i mean don't get me wrong, it hurts, but it's bearable...

...this recovery process has been amazing...watching my body heal...well the best that i can without actually looking in a mirror...i still haven't looked in a mirror...can't do it...not ready...the physical healing is a lot easier than the psychological...i can't really feel this new body yet, so it's tough for me to look at it...i do love my bellybutton...but the rest...i still feel my big belly even though it's not where it used to be...i can feel the weight of my breast pulling, but i have no other sensation...when i get cold i can only feel it in my body...it's really really really weird...it's like the feeling just stops at my chest cavity...and it doesn't hurt...it's not a bad feeling...just a new feeling...

...i still have anesthesia mouth...every time i eat my mouth feels a little numb and the food tastes just a little funny...it's really weird...amazing how long it stays in your body...this whole process has been amazing...learning so many new things about myself...what i'm capable of...what i can accomplish...i feel pretty proud of me :)

1 comment:

Marc said...

2 weels? Learn to type. Or at least proofread. You're a doctor dammit. Recovery or no recovery.