Tuesday, December 9, 2008

sleeping on the couch with all the lights on....

...is what i did last night...i was too scared to get into my bed...that's where the scary stuff lives these days...all the thoughts...all the weakness...in my bed...i'm doing so well during the days...that the prospect of getting into that bed...well that's too much...where the wild things are? no...where the nothing lives...

...so needless to say i couldn't sleep...well i have to tell you an unexpected friend came out of the woodwork...i had called him earlier that evening...when i was making all of my..."i can't sleep west coast calls"...and no one was home...or no one was available....and then he called me back...he let me stay on the phone with him...just talking....about his life and experiences....what i'm going through...just let me talk...just talked to me...for an hour and a half...until after two in the morning...when my eyes finally started to close and i finally started to find some peace...he just talked to me....apparently all anyone can do is just talk to me...

...and for any of you insomniacs out there....gimme a buzz....i can't imagine the nights will get easier...but as long as i maintain my strength during the days...i will be ok...i will be ok for the next three days...three more days...

2 comments:

More Than My Genes said...

Just spoke to a very wonderful lady called Wendy Watson who runs the Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline and she said you can call her whenever you like. The helpline is for people like you and I, for support, for help and its 24/7! I know its in the UK but we are all up when you should be sleeping, resting. So, if it helps comfort you - call her 00 44 1629 813000 www.breastcancergenetics.co.uk xx

Warrior Three said...

thank you!!! i just might...even LAers go to sleep at some point..and then there's just me, my couch, and all the lights in my house!!!!