Wednesday, December 24, 2008

nurse's apt today...

...to get another drain or two out...i'm scared...anxious...that damned anxiety creeping back...ugh...it's just that it hurts! and i know i don't want to be a baby and i know that it's soooooooo much better once the drains are out...but i'm nervous is all...i mean they literally say, ok, take a breath, and then they yank...stinkers!!!

...anyway...things seem to be getting better daily...or so i keep telling myself...here's the thing...i am only really comfortable in one position...laying down with my back propped up...so it's either the couch or the bed for me...ah the monotony....it's redic...i wake up...take my husband (which has been my savior...you know one of those pillows with arms) and my pillow...and don't forget my shopping bag of pills...and move down to the couch...i'm there the entire day...save some excursions such as hospital, walgreens, or picking up my mail from my house...and then it's back into bed at night...it's tough...especially the time when i'm done being on the couch and not yet ready to get into the bed (btwn 7-9 usually)...that's the toughest time of the day for me...i get so rammy and there's pretty much nothing i can do about it...and now i'm waking up in the morning thinking to myself...ugh another day...which is so not my positive attitude shining through...i have to figure out how to turn this recovery time of mine into something really positive...keep my attitude up and spirits high...i keep reminding myself how much better off i am now...how much happier...but the monotony is still looming and encroaching on my space...stinkers...but so much better than before...

No comments: