Tuesday, December 2, 2008

reality...

...is setting in...i have six days left to work...i have ten reports to write...i have feedbacks to give, intakes to do...i have laundry that is slowing creeping up the basement steps from the landing where i toss it when it's dirty...

...i'm thinking about packing...what to take to the hospital, what to pack for my parent's house, where i will be staying for the first week or two of my recovery...until i can be quasi-independent...who knows how long that will be...my wish is that the recovery will be speedy and that i will heal quickly...becuase honestly...i am looking forward to the time off of work..for the first time in my life, no tests, no homework, no readings, no reports, no eppp, no licensure, no work!!! for the first time in honestly my entire life!!! i'll be able to relax, with nothing over my head...healing...it's going to be a beautiful thing i think....hanging out with my mom...watching tons of general hospital (i've been saving up on my dvr)....

...i wonder what will happen with tina in the beginning...how can i be near her and not have her hurt me? for those of you who don't know tina, she's my extremely energetic dog who can sometimes, most of the time, be a lot of love...but i worry about her...i mean i know my parents will care for her...but it's still something i think about...

...i wonder about lots of stuff like this...but that's actually what i'm trying to focus on in this minute...the things that i can control...like how many nighties i will have...remembering my cell phone charger for the hospital...because when i'm thinking about those things i'm not ruminating on the negative...and that's my downward spiral...the one that i am desperately trying to climb out of...and with the rope of support that you have all thrown down to me...it's getting easier....

No comments: