Saturday, December 27, 2008

things are going well...

...so far...so good...i think i'm really making some kind of miraculous recovery...all the thoughts and prayers you guys sent my way seem to really be helping...my body is healing so well...and my mind...well i still have anesthesia brain so my mind isn't quite as sharp...but i feel good...

...a little more about anesthesia brain...basically my mouth feels anesthetized when i eat...really weird sensation...and i'm tired all the time...but besides that i think that i'm doing really well...

...the one drain is still producing heaploads...but that's to be expected...or so they say...it doesn't bother me really...i'm so used to having my little girl with me that it really doesn't bother me all that much...i mean don't get me wrong, i'll love it when she's gone, but that little #6, she's ok...

...something i dont' know if i blogged enough about earlier...the doppler...when i was in the hospital they had to check the blood flow in my breasts every hour for the first 48 hours and then every four hours after that...basically it's this little ultrasound machine that they run over the breast looking for the heartbeat in the artery that was reconnected...now this is a rather scary process...waiting to hear the heartbeat...because if they can't find it, it is back to surgery for me...while on the other side now...at the time it was super scary...running that cold machine over my boobie...waiting...listening...being so quiet trying to hear that heartbeat...and now granted they found it every time...it was just nerve-racking while they were looking...i dont' think i've really done this section justice...but i suppose you get the point...

...now i'm sleeping better...sometimes on my side even...which is really great because sleeping sitting up for two weeks is no fun! it's because i can't lay flat...my stomach is pulled too tight for me to lay flat...stand up straight...all that stuff...so basically i sleep sitting up and stand hunched over...though it is getting better everyday :) a little better everyday...

No comments: